HEART BLESSING OF THE WATERS
Blessing of the Waters
BEGIN BY TOUCHING YOUR HEART CENTRE, SMILE AND CONNECT WITH THE BLESSING OF YOUR OWN HEARt
1. Prepare a bowl of clean water or stand beside a body of water.
2. Please pray for the water offering our deep apology for pollution and disrespect. Then offer prayers of peace, love, gratitude and respect to this water and to all the waters of our beautiful planet.
3. Hold both of your hands toward the water. From your heart, your energy will be projected into the water through your hands (you can close your eyes during this process).
4. Please also feel free to bless the water with the same intention in your own way (through meditation, prayer, chanting or what feels right for you). At the end of your prayer you can make a simple offering of flowers or petals or a few leaves or herbs – a simple gift from nature offered with love and gratitude.
5. When your prayer is complete, pour a little drinking water into your hand with a loving thought, sprinkle some water away from you (as in spreading seeds) then drink the water with a feeling of deep gratitude. If others are present, show them also how to do this.
6. With all sincerity repeat the following prayer:
MAY THERE BE PEACE ON THE EARTH
MAY THERE BE PEACE IN THE HEAVENS
MAY THERE BE PEACE UPON AND WITHIN ALL THE WATERS
AND MAY THERE BE PEACE IN EVERY HEART
OM SHANTHI SHANTHI SHANTHII
(Based on the ceremony from the 13 Indigenous Grandmothers)