ABOUT OUR TEACHER TRAINING
A 500 Hour Yoga Training Course in 3 Parts - accredited through the Independent Yoga Network
A few quotes from recent graduates of our Teacher Training course.
"It has changed my life and within my teaching – the joy and peace and love that [Heart of Living Yoga] brings to my students. That makes me want to cry."
"From my moment to moment interactions with the children I teach at school, my family relationships, how I behave in the world toward every living thing in the world has all changed. Because it comes from a place of deep love and honesty and truth. Everything has changed."
"You fall in love with life. It's as if you no longer need to look for love. You become love."
Part I - 100 Hours-The Living Heart of Yoga
- exploring traditional yoga asana based on yogic science
- discovering the philosophical basis of yoga & how to apply it in daily life
- establishing a personal daily heart-opening practice of yoga and meditation
Certification on satisfactory completion: Heart Meditation Facilitator Diploma
These elements will be presented, explored and experienced during this 6 month course.
1. HATHA YOGA
Focusing on the Rishikesh Sequence hatha yoga as practicum & experiential deepening of your own hatha yoga practice.
Practising the Heart Meditations and going deeper – experiencing the Heart itself as a safe place and as an achievable way to invite meditation to happen. Also learning how to share different meditation techniques such as Tratak, Heart Breath, Mantra of the Breath, Heart Mantra, Peace Meditation & Walking Meditation.
3. RAJA YOGA
Study and comparison of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras as translated and explained by Sri Swami Satchidananda and Nischala Joy Devi – focusing on Sutras Book I:1,2,3 & 4 and Book II:29 – 45.
4. HEART PRACTICE
Every day doing the meditation practices on the CD’s/Downloads given to you as part of the course resources.
5. TRAINING THE MIND
Using the science of Yoga to train the mind, helping it align with the peace of the Heart – experiencing the Awakened Heart-Mind.
6. BREATHING & RELAXATION TECHNIQUES
Learning how the breath co-ordinates our two major nervous systems and switches on the relaxation response.
7. THE 7 CHAKRA SYSTEM
Learning about the 7 main chakras of the human energy system and learning how to balance the chakras using a special breathing kriya & meditation technique.
8. HEART’S REST RESTORATIVE YOGA (Level I)
Learning how to nest and rest yourself, each other and ultimately your own students.
9. TEACHING/SHARING PRACTICE
Practising with each other how to teach or share the practices you have been learning.
10. RADICAL SELF CARE
Learning how to nurture yourself at a deep level and how to share the experience with others.
This Part I course has no essays, but each month, the week before the next course weekend, you will receive a “check in” email from the course tutors asking how you are doing and how it is going. You are asked to reply!
You will experience and learn the Heart Mudra Flow which brings our energies, emotions and thoughts back into their natural balance.
13. COURSE RESOURCES:
Heart Of Living Yoga Teacher Training Part I Manual
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi
Blessing of the Heart CD or Download by Rev. Padma
Part II - 200 Hours-The heart of living yoga teacher training course
- learning how to teach traditional yoga asanas, pranayama, mudras, bandhas chanting, meditation, & philosophy
- how to adapt your classes and your teaching for every body, including restorative yoga & stress relief
- diving deep into the wisdom teachings of the Heart Practice
- how to set up and run your own classes and courses
- learning anatomy with special emphasis on how it relates to teaching yoga
- how to use and integrate sound into your classes for healing and harmony
- developing your own spiritual practice
- personal development and transformation, with continued support from tutors
Certification on satisfactory completion - Heart Of Living Yoga Teacher Diploma
Part III - 200 hours -
1. Heart Of Living Yoga Raja Yoga Teacher Training
2. Heart Of Living Yoga Ministry Training
- studying in depth the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Vasitha, some of the Vedas and the Avadhuta Gita
- learning how to present and share the wisdom and philosophy of those ancient texts in a way that is relevant today
- studying ethical precepts related to real life situations
- learning how to offer spiritual counselling
- writing 12 in-depth essays on specific subjects which lead you, step by step, through your own journey
- personal supervision with Rev Padma Devi
Plus additional training for Ministry only...
- study and comparison of different faiths
- developing your own personal Ministry - including branches already suggested such as Devotion Ministry, Wisdom Ministry, Heart of Listening Ministry, Mindfulness Ministry, Spiritual Conception and Child Birth Ministry, Healing Ministry, Heart of Mother Earth Ministry, Transition Ministry, Peace Ministry
- how to conduct sacred ceremonies such as weddings, baby blessings, house blessings, etc.
- how to offer Puja, Homa and the All Faiths Ceremony
Certification on satisfactory completion -
1. Heart Of Living Yoga Raja Yoga Teacher Diploma
2. Ordination as a Heart Of Living Yoga Minister and Clergy I.D Card and Heart Of Living Yoga Raja Yoga Teacher Diploma